Dirt Works Garden is located inside Yauger Park in West Olympia. Click to view the google map location of Dirt Works Demonstration Garden. PLANTS! We have thousands of plants this year including: Berries & veggies, ornamental evergreens, select perennials, shrubs and trees, native plants, Great Plant Picks
ASK YOUR GARDENING QUESTIONS!
We’ll have a question/answer booth ready for you. Along with the sale, Dirt Works demonstration garden at Yauger Park is also open to the public. Walk through the many teaching gardens and learn new ways of gardening. Education about plants, growing your own food, water-wise gardening and composting are major focuses of the event.
We will also be offering a variety of garden related handcrafted items for sale including: plant supports/stakes, succulent planters, worms for worm bins and an array of decorative garden art.
This sale is sponsored by the Master Gardener Foundation of Thurston County. All proceeds help support Master Gardener and Master Recycler Composter community outreach events and programs including:
- Diagnostic clinics at farmer’s markets and local events.
- Learning and demonstration gardens at Dirt Works, Closed Loop Park and Olympia Farmer’s Market Garden.
- Donation of produce grown in our demonstration gardens to local food banks.
- Public workshops on gardening, composting and recycling.
- Youth programs at our demonstration gardens.
To learn more about the foundation visit, www.mgftc.org