Thousands of Plants & Experts to Help You Pick Them!
We have thousands of plants this year including: Great Plant Picks, Flowering Shrubs including: Peonies, Hydrangeas, Roses, Select Perennials, Shrubs & Trees, Berries & Veggies, and Native Plants.
Location and Directions
Dirt Works is in west Olympia on Alta Street off of Capital Mall Drive, behind Apple Park Apartments and Yauger Park. Walk down the Nature Trail by the kiosk with the green roof and the garden entrance will be on your left. [map]
Ask Your Gardening Questions!
We’ll have a question/answer booth ready for you.
Along with the sale, Dirt Works demonstration garden at Yauger Park is also open to the public the whole day. Walk through the many teaching gardens and learn new ways of gardening. Education about plants, growing your own food, water-wise gardening and composting are major focuses of the event.
We will also be offering a variety of garden related handcrafted items for sale including: plant supports/stakes, planters, and an array of decorative garden art.
This sale is sponsored by the Master Gardener Foundation of Thurston County. All proceeds help support Master Gardener and Master Recycler Composter community outreach events and programs including:
- Diagnostic clinics at farmer’s markets and local events.
- Learning and demonstration gardens at Dirt Works, Closed Loop Park and Olympia Farmer’s Market Garden.
- Donation of produce grown in our demonstration gardens to local food banks.
- Public workshops on gardening, composting and recycling.
- Youth programs at our demonstration gardens.
To learn more about the foundation visit, http://www.mgftc.org/about-us/