Sat, July 13
9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Join us as we celebrate milestone anniversaries of our demonstration gardens!
Enjoy the day touring one, two or all three, unique public gardens.
This event is FREE and happens rain or shine.
* Gain ideas and inspiration.
* Participate in special anniversary activities at each of the gardens.
* Get your gardening, composting and recycling questions answered.
Here in Thurston County we are lucky to have three Demonstration Gardens which serve as examples to the public of the gardening techniques and recommendations from the WSU Master Gardeners and Master Recycler Composters.
DirtWorks will be open on three select Thursday evenings from 5-8pm during the months of June, July and August with a special focus/demonstration:
• June 27 – square foot gardening (workshop starts at 6pm in the gazebo)
• July 25 – fairy and miniature gardening
• August 22 – food and yard waste composting (workshop starts at 6pm in the gazebo)
These times are in addition to the regular weekly hours the gardens are open. Click “Read more” for garden locations and a complete list of all the garden hours.
Make time to come and visit us this summer!
Do you have a plant eaten-up by bugs or diseases? Maybe you have a plant or weed you cannot identify? Do you have a problem area in your yard and need advice on what to plant?
That’s where the WSU Master Gardener volunteers of Thurston County can help. You can call or email the clinic with your questions or drop by the office in person to get answers.