Becoming a MG Foundation member is a simple process. All you need to do is come to one of the membership meetings and fill out an application. Or you can download the Membership Application which is a printable pdf form that you can either bring to a meeting or mail with your payment to the address indicated on the form.
You do not need to be a Master Gardener or Master Recycler Composter to be a member, and joining does not confer Master Gardener status.
Membership helps support the WSU Thurston County Master Gardener and Master Recycler Compost Programs. By becoming a member, you become part of a network that encourages sustainable gardening and promotes environmental stewardship practices, thereby improving quality of life for Thurston County residents.
- Individual and associate members $10 for the year
- Business or corporate members $25 for the year
- Regular membership meetings that include time to mingle with other gardeners and lectures by notable garden experts.
- Regular e-mail updates on local gardening events and resources.
- Discounted prices for lectures, activities, events, and garden tours. Generally, these unique gardens tours are not open to the public.
- Opportunities to lead, learn new skills, and contribute to the health of the community.
- Voting privileges that influence Foundation policy.
- Friendships with like-minded people
Membership fee usage:
- Fund the operation and maintenance of the gardens at Dirt Works, Olympia Farmers Market and Closed Loop Park.
- Fund scholarships in the horticulture field.
- Fund two public diagnostic clinics for plant and pest identification with troubleshooting options.
Still have Questions? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org