Welcome to the website for the Master Gardener Foundation of Thurston County (MGFTC). We are a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization whose purposes are:
- To support and enhance the Washington State University Thurston County Extension Master Gardener/Master Recycler Composter (MG/MRC) Programs.
- To facilitate the exchange of ideas and information between members of the organization.
- To inform and educate the citizens and decision makers of Thurston County about the value of the MG/MRC programs.
The foundation is the major contributor, supporter and sustainer of the Thurston County Demonstration Gardens. We also help fund the clinics which provide gardening information to the public in Thurston County. Comprised of volunteers, the foundation organizes educational field trips to nearby horticultural sites, sponsors guest speakers at foundation meetings, and hosts an annual plant sale.
The foundation is also sustained through membership dues. Please join us today and support the clinics, demonstration gardens and compost program. Download an application.
2016 Foundation Goals
- Increase communication between Foundation committees and the board to enhance support, training and succession planning.
- Develop a more specific investment strategy.
- Use new volunteer data system to match member interests and skills with foundation needs, tasks, opportunities.
- Coordinate at least 2 or 3 member benefits to include trips to private gardens, CE opportunities, other destination activities and workshops.
- Reformat member meetings to increase opportunities for interaction and networking.
- Increase revenue by participating in one additional fundraising activity in an outlying area in the county.
- Support the Program’s efforts to conduct at least one MRC/MG event such as the South Puget Sound College’s Education Day.