Welcome to the website for the Master Gardener Foundation of Thurston County (MGFTC). We are a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization whose purposes are:
- To support and enhance the Washington State University Thurston County Extension Master Gardener/Master Recycler Composter (MG/MRC) Programs.
- To facilitate the exchange of ideas and information between members of the organization.
- To inform and educate the citizens and decision makers of Thurston County about the value of the MG/MRC programs.
The foundation is the major contributor, supporter and sustainer of the Thurston County Demonstration Gardens. We also help fund the clinics which provide gardening information to the public in Thurston County. Comprised of volunteers, the foundation organizes educational field trips to nearby horticultural sites, sponsors guest speakers at foundation meetings, and hosts an annual plant sale.
Join the Foundation
The foundation is also sustained through membership dues. Please join us today and support the clinics, demonstration gardens and compost program.
The Master Gardener Foundation of Thurston County is recognized as a vibrant community of people interested in gardening, recycling, and composting.
Support an environmentally healthy community by raising funds for and awareness of the WSU Master Gardener and Thurston County Master Recycler Composter Programs.
2018 Foundation Goals
1. Strengthen and promote active Foundation membership by:
a. Collaborating with the Program to acquire and implement a new volunteer data system
b. Developing and implementing a strategy for membership retention and recruitment
2. Develop written operating manuals for board members and committee chairs to provide for successful transitions and ongoing operations of the Foundation.
3. Complete Financial Policy by:
a. Developing a Records Retention Checklist
b. Researching and drafting a donations procedure
c. Outlining a scholarship strategy for intern and community support
4. Update the Policies & Procedures Manual and set up a procedure to keep up to date
5. Consider long-range planning for fund-raising efforts.