Weekly garden chores allow children to work alongside Master Gardeners and learn. There are also games, stories and crafts based on a garden subject. Children ages 4 years through 12 years may participate. This program is designed for individuals, no large groups (i.e. day cares, youth groups, youth camps etc.)
Chaperones (18+) must accompany children at all times.
Although programs are free, we ask that you register in advance by the Friday before the program you plan to attend using the link below:
When you arrive you will be asked to sign-in and complete/turn in an Emergency Contact Information form. You may complete the form ahead of time and bring it with you OR complete the form at the garden before the program begins. Each child must have a completed Emergency Contact Information form on file to participate. You can download the form as a WORD document or a PDF using the links below:
- Download Emergency Contact Information Form [WORD]
- Download Emergency Contact Information Form [PDF]
If my child is unable to attend, I agree to email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know by Monday evening prior to the program class.
Activity Dates and Times
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon.
2019 Information (Click to download 2019 brochure)
- July 9th– Gardening Basics & Games
- July 16th – Insect Helpers & Pests
- July 23rd – Grow Food & Less Waste
- July 30th – Butterflies or Moths?
- August 6th – Gardening Around the World
- August 13th – Secrets of the Garden
- August 20th – Garden Superheroes
- Raised planting beds for vegetables and ornamentals
- Gardening displays for the physically challenged
- Flowers for cutting and drying
- Plants that are fragrant
- Herbs, sunflowers, pumpkins
- Bee and Butterfly garden
- Compost area
- Fruit trees and small fruits
Location and Directions
Dirt Works is in west Olympia on Alta Street off of Capital Mall Drive, behind The Park at Cooper Point Apartments and Yauger Park. Go to the middle of the parking lot to park near to the garden entrance. Walk down the Nature Trail by the kiosk with the green roof and the garden entrance will be on your left. [map]