You will need to RSVP to attend as there will be a seating limit for this meeting.
Check back at the beginning of April to Sign Up!
Tues, April 16
Lacey Community Center
Google Map Directions
Members – FREE
Non-members – Anyone not currently a member who wishes to participate can Join the Foundation for $10/year or pay $10 at the door.
6:15pm – Doors Open / Organize Seed Envelopes
(optional – you do not need to bring seeds to participate in this event)
6:30pm – Membership Meeting / Potluck Dessert Social
Please bring a dessert to share plus your own table service. Tea, coffee and water provided.
7pm – Seed Swap and “How to Save Seeds” video
HOW WILL IT WORK?
Package Your Seeds:
- Package up any clean seeds you have saved from your garden.
Any seeds collected in the past three years should be viable.
- Label each envelope with plant name, month/date collected and any notes you want to add.
- Use seed envelopes, coin envelopes or small letter-sized envelopes or make your own using this pattern.
- Put about 20-25 seeds in each envelope.
When You Arrive:
- Distribute your seed envelopes on the tables according to the general category (veg, annual, perennial).
- Take a ticket for every envelope you leave.
- Trade your tickets for seeds – one ticket per envelope – or share your tickets with others.
Have fun! Enjoy dessert, meeting and socializing.